June 04, 2012

Awards Nite

Since today is for celebrating my English birthday based on DOB with cakes and eating out, and tomo my Tamil bday (based on birth-star constellation in the horoscope) with traditional Indian food and visit to the temple ...decided on celebrating the duality of blog awards. Some long overdue thanks for awards received over 2011-12 and passing them on. They come with their own set of rules...but the birthday gal reserves the right to break them and offer them to anyone who reads this post and two awards for visitors all through June.

Special thanks for
 the Kreativ blogger award  received from Jan (recent follower) which demands revealing 7 things about me and passing it on to 7 people.












 The Versatile blogger award from
Treelight ( befriended during Campaign challenge),
Jayleigh Cape,
Seabell and Tiberbrite (from Jingle poetry group)
demanding 7 random info on me and passing on to 15 people.












 The Liebster Award from Nutschell for blogs  with less than 300 followers last June. (sheepish and sorry)






The Paperclip award from Traci Kenworth ....supposed to answer 12 questions not me...

 The Booker award from Christine for book bloggers or ones with 50% focus on reading or writing books.











So I choose my seven sins as I call it...
Clumsy till about 35...funny, while the sense of balance supposedly deteriorates with age...mine has improved with time... I used to choose the most crowded places to trip over nothing - the bus stop, the railway platform/bridge, the college canteen, the office corridor, the school ground, the busiest street, the airport/mall escalators. I guess, I craved the attention...another reason I broke up with high heels after just three years of casual dating.

 I have been wearing contact lenses for two decades now - not blind as a bat, but can only see blurred images without my glasses beyond six feet...that my glasses used to frequently threaten to slip off my bridge-less nose was one of the reasons, the other being childhood and teen years' taunts. So, next time you make fun or see someone making fun of people on the basis of appearance, please remember, it can have a life long effect on the victim's self confidence more so when the person is sensitive and shy to begin with. (like yours truly)

27 years of Bombay life has made me open minded, tolerant, cosmopolitan, multilingual, dreamer, creative, neutral-agnostic and much more. I love it, having lived through 16 years of bombings, a communal riot, a flood and a couple of earthquakes; the only city I call home even though I currently live hundreds of miles away.

Lover of all things English (read British) except the weather, superiority complex...and the food, all meat and too bland even for the likes of me....I dream, even sleep talk/scream in English (atleast that's what my mom and ex hubby said) though I am fluent in three Indian language among others....

Was married for 6 1/2 years so I can't really blame the 7 year itch for its ending, though nowadays, its supposed to be the three year itch.

 I am a reasonably good singer, and with training, I could have been much better. As a child, was too rebellious to learn anything that conservative-traditional girls from the Brahmin communities of South India were/are supposed to, like classical music, classical instruments, classical dance, cooking, religious stuff etc (lucky, my mom was liberal enough)...regret not learning music though.
Hell, this infidel even dreamt of a love marriage over an arranged one...my family would have needed buckets of holy water (read river Ganges) to cleanse my mind, if I had found someone crazy enough to love me back.

passport with no stamps yet. Hope to rectify it on my 40th or 45 th bday by going to Dubai and/or Singapore. Unfortunately Eygpt, Italy and Greece will have to wait for the reincarnated me...if I manage to be born again on planet Earth.

 As rewards for your patience,
I pass on the Kreativ and Versatile blogger awards to all my followers and commenters.

I have a Reader appreciation award for those who read my posts and specially to participants of memes and blogfests who bother to visit me.


In order to accept this award need to do the following:


List something you’ve been up to lately
Nominate 6 other blogs (optional)





I leave you all with wishes for a great week ahead and a picture of the still fat ole me. (but I lost 4 kgs in 4 months not bad...12 more to reach my pre-marriage weight of 56 kgs. I still have two years to accomplish it)
We had a family cake cutting on the bed as my bro (stuck in his hotel room because of the jubilee celebrations of the Queen's reign) wanted to join in on web chat from london.


P.s. I will be skipping my IWSG post this wed as my nephews hog my time and comp. See you all from 9 or 10 June. 

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday!
And you should take up singing again. You could sing some of the beautiful words you write.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Happy birthday! You deserve each and every one of those awards, not least for remembering some of them after so long :-)

M Pax said...

Happy Birthday, Rek! Enjoy the time with your family. Bombay sounds like an interesting place. Look forward to reading more of your pretty words soon.

Hildred Billings said...

Happy birthday! I found your seven deadly sins really interesting. I also learned about Tamil birthdays today! (Also, it's really cool that you're fluent in so many languages. Jealous.)

michelle said...

I hope you had a wonderful & blessed birthday! Congrats on the awards too.
And the seven sins were really entertaining - I always maintain that it's good to be able to laugh at oneself...
I love the "3-year fling" with high-heeled shoes *chuckles*... and you are fortunate to speak so many languages!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Congratulations on getting all the awards. I love getting a peek into a fellow writer's life.

Golden Eagle said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Congratulations on the awards. It was great to learn more about you.

Pat Tillett said...

Happy Birthday!
Congrats on the awards and thanks for sharing things about yourself...

Bikram said...

happy birthday and where is my CAKE :)
congrats on the awards so many of them yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I liked that seven sins .. but hey contacts is not sin I wear them too :)
Bikram's

said...

It's a few days late, but never the less A Happy Birthday to you... Great you accepted the Kreativ Blogger Award.

Jan's place...

Tomz said...

Belated bday wishes Rekha (I had wished u on FB)..Congrats fr the awards..

Post a Comment

Glad you made it this far...would love to hear your take on the words scribbled. A comment every now and then keeps the blues away. :D

Since, crazy Mr. Blogspot won't let me reply to the comments here (is upset with the water ladies ever since they refused to verify visitors)...will do the next best thing, drop in to your blog to say my Vanakkam/Namaste/Salaam/Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...