May 14, 2012

My First Loves - For The Blogfest

 First Loves Blogfest hosted by Alex Cavanaugh...


First loves blogfest by songsnwords on GoAnimate


Hi Alex...bloggers, blogettes...welcome to my version of the First Loves Blogfest. You can see and hear the one minute video if you are feeling lazy to read...more or less the same words.

 At 9 years, second year in the new school in Bombay...my first love, you could say, offered me chocolates for his birthday. All I remember is his being tall for our age, with a cute smile and beautiful light brown eyes.
The other real one was an unrequited one at 22 but that's "classified information".

First book I loved was a gift by my dad's cousin, 'Firebird And Other Russian Fairy Tales' printed in what was once U.S.S.R. It has beautiful illustrations and pages with border art, but now kind of brittle to touch.

Let's get this straight...I am saying, the first movie I loved was Jackie Chan's 1978 released Drunken Master with atrocious English dubbing.

First English song l loved was Boney M's Rasputin, and the first band I listened to and liked was Beatles, the song Kansas City.

Glad to have you here and hope everyone who visited enjoyed this rather one sided conversation, hee hee.

21 comments:

A said...

Believe it or not, I remember Boney M :-))))

Cherie Reich said...

Very cool first loves. I bet that book is beautiful!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

A Jackie Chan movie - now that is cool.
Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

said...

Boney M. was a great band, to bad the dancer has died. I liked Ma Baker, it's a great song.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I've got Rasputin by Boney M on my list too, and the Beatles! We have great taste :-)

Unknown said...

Wonder what life would have been like without the Beatles?

Andrea Teagan said...

It was nice reading about your first loves. I love your blog site btw, it is sooo beautiful.

Andrea

Christine Rains said...

Boney M is classic. Our neighbors played the Christmas album to death every year during December!

michelle said...

The Beatles have so many awesome songs! I wouldn't be able to single out only one...

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Drunken Master was a fun flick. I too am a fan of Jackie Chan.

M Pax said...

That book sounds fabulous. Boney M and the Beatles are both great. Great loves, Rek.

Heather Murphy said...

I had never heard of Boney M until today, but you are the second person to mention them. Very interesting group! Where have I been???
And a boy with chocolate...hard to pass up :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You surprised me with Jackie Chan, Rek. I'm impressed. And your first love gave you chocolate on HIS birthday? What a sweetie!

xoRobyn

Denise Covey said...

Hi Rek. I adore Boney M. My favourite was Rivers of Babylon. I'd play it over and over. I love Rsputin too of course.

Chocolate, ah, what temptation!

Denise

Rahul Bhatia said...

Very interesting list of firsts:)

Unknown said...

Is Firebird also a ballet? I'm sure I have a little book of ballet stories and one of them is called Firebird...

Misha Gerrick said...

I love that your first loved movie is a badly dubbed one. :-D

Pat Tillett said...

I wouldn't have expected a Jackie Chan movie! That Russian book sounds amazing!

Barbara said...

ooh The Drunken Master... I liked it, but I don't really know why.
It's ok to keep some memories to yourself, deep down in the X files.

Sharing the Love!
English Speaking Zone

Shannon Lawrence said...

I would love to see that book! I haven't heard of Boney M.

lameciac said...

Love the blog!

Post a Comment

Glad you made it this far...would love to hear your take on the words scribbled. A comment every now and then keeps the blues away. :D

Since, crazy Mr. Blogspot won't let me reply to the comments here (is upset with the water ladies ever since they refused to verify visitors)...will do the next best thing, drop in to your blog to say my Vanakkam/Namaste/Salaam/Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...