January 22, 2012

Thrill Or Trick - Epilogue


I apologise to all my centusians and commenters for not responding last week.
 Not been well for a while, taking the blood test for the incessant cold and cough.
I should be able to get to regular blogging soon, don't miss me too much. ;D


For Saturday Centus at Jenny Matlock's blog...any genre, P.G as far as possible, not to exceed 150 words. Based on the literary device of a cliffhanger...this is the epilogue of the story that concludes the last two weeks' posts of cliffhanger and  resolution respectively.. Check the others afterwords there.


Ali and Simi trudged up the slope... the others would have gathered on the top by now.
Ali looked at the plains in grim silence.
 Simi walked quietly beside, the ideal travel and sparring partner to her twin, though she was hard pressed as to why he didn't fly the carpet.
Reading his thoughts, “ This journey is as much for her as Shammi Uncle, isn’t it?”
He looked at her for a moment and responded, “ I promised to protect her and failed.”
“You saved her life…the healer says that her soul is lost in the void, not left her body yet.”
Ali smiled,a first in many months.
There were many sad eyed, happy faces that stared back at them.
“How is Ria?” asked T.C as a small group approached them.
“ The same since you  last visited.”
“Come children, change into your robes, the memorial chants begin shortly.”

11 comments:

21 Wits said...

I believe Ali must climb her own magic carpet and journey to a safer climate, one that she meet with a sage to help guide her way into a happy ending..... I hope your cold that is seeming to just hang on as often some colds sadly do...hurry it away and be brand new again...happy to see you post an epilogue even through all the sneezing and coughing! Enjoy your weekend as best you can...see you here next time!

Li said...

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well - I hope it is just a cold that is taking a long time to go away!

David P. King said...

Yuck! Sorry you're sick. I was exactly the same last week. Didn't comment at all. Here's to your health! :)

anitamombanita said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Nonna said...

That was excellent...I always so enjoy your creations !!! You are missed very much...
Prayers that you will be feeling better soon !

Annalisa Crawford said...

I hope you feel better soon. I've left an award for you over on my blog. Please stop by and check it out.

radha said...

Hope you are up and back on your feet.

M Pax said...

Your story really intrigues me, Rek.

Hope you're better soon. I have a cold, too. They stink.

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

A different perspective to say goodbye to the departed ones.

Nice read.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Jenny said...

I love the direction you took here.

Are you okay? I'm going to scroll ahead and read. The blood test thing worries me a little bit!

A said...

I hope you're feeling better Rek.

Post a Comment

Glad you made it this far...would love to hear your take on the words scribbled. A comment every now and then keeps the blues away. :D

Since, crazy Mr. Blogspot won't let me reply to the comments here (is upset with the water ladies ever since they refused to verify visitors)...will do the next best thing, drop in to your blog to say my Vanakkam/Namaste/Salaam/Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...