November 10, 2011

This And That And Some NaNo

I haven't purposely neglected my dream journal...just that life is a tad more interesting at this point. My fingers in so many different pies....a big mess of time and vacation if you ask me.


I  am having an awesome time with my nephews, yep, April and November are two months of the year my life gets topsy turvy....real life pulling me with  two pairs of tiny hands in one direction and my writing pulling me in the other. Tough....for this hermit to come out of her shell bi-annually and find herself in the fast lane. (my darling brother insists that I book my tickets to Bangalore else he will have me kidnapped from the dark comforts of my room) 


 For those few friends wondering about my NaNo...well, good news and bad news...I am writing everyday but realise that am a slow writer and the deadline kills my world and character building not to mention leaving me uninspired to continue.  It has rekindled my love for writing short stories and saved our relationship (mine with < 2500 words).
So 30000-35000 words is what I am aiming for. A far cry from 2009 when I couldn't write more than 8000 words before I finally quit. Of course that was the year of the 'great event' that has left me legally single though not blonde, I don't hate my black hair (I know black is an optical illusion provided by our eyes, that makes us wizards right?)  but would love brown, glossy hair ( is it even real?)...


How I wish, that scientist  in the news would discover a laser procedure for permanent hair colour and texture change....why the hell would I want to turn my very dark brown eyes to blue only to have it contrast funnily with my light brown tanned skin. ;D Could make for a good fantasy story though....
 But the news today that our solar system was most likely, the aftermath of a supernova makes my sci-fi planet creation plausible. Can you see me jumping around...you say, you cannot?....well then, leave you with a picture of the current me....yes...because the weight loss program I have enrolled in, will hopefully leave a better looking me next time around. 


I will catch up with your blogs and rants starting today evening...don't mind!!!


 The real, hassled me without make up  (don't use much anyway)
.. taken by my 4 yr old nephew Sid last week.

9 comments:

Bikram said...

He he he the look in the picture ..

and you still in bangalore .. Will catch up for sure

Bikram's

Tomz said...

i like that picture..the way u pose is something really striking..but wht r u holding in ur hand?

A said...

Haha, I wish those scientists could find a way to keep my nails trimmed all the time!

M Pax said...

Enjoy the little hands. :)

The scientists have found some cool things lately. I need to read up more on the supernova solar system thing.

Good luck with NaNo.

David Macaulay said...

cool pic -who wants to be blonde anyhow?

Pat Tillett said...

I wish they could come up with a way to counter the effects of gravity on me!
Like the photo...

anonblog said...

I liked yout blog, supported!

radha said...

We seem to be working towards a common goal!

Anonymous said...

Great! thanks for the share!

Post a Comment

Glad you made it this far...would love to hear your take on the words scribbled. A comment every now and then keeps the blues away. :D

Since, crazy Mr. Blogspot won't let me reply to the comments here (is upset with the water ladies ever since they refused to verify visitors)...will do the next best thing, drop in to your blog to say my Vanakkam/Namaste/Salaam/Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...